Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My food allergy barbecue beans

I love pork and beans. I can't have pork, garlic, onion, ketchup, celery salt. All that, I would put in my pork and beans with some salt pork, pork belly. I used what I could and I think this works well. So well in fact, my husband asked me to make it for a party that's coming up.

Ingredients

1 can of navy beans
1/2 cup of jalapeƱo jam
2 Tablespoons of molasses
1 teaspoon of good polish mustard
3 dahses of your favorite hot sauce
1/4 cup of your favorite veggie sauce (ketchup, or tomato sauce)
2 teaspoons of soy sauce

Drain the beans, add all ingredients into a sauce pan and set to low. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. The longer you simmer the more flavor will infuse the beans.




No comments:

Post a Comment