Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Thai Salmon Salad


I found this on allrecipes.com I added some ingredients to make it taste like my favorite Thai Restaurant. This serves six. I use a head of iceberg and divide it in wedges and pour the salad on top. My husband likes to make lettuce wraps out of this. Thai peppers are hot, if you are used to medium salsa.

Ingredients


4 tablespoons fish sauce
4 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
4 Thai chiles, chopped
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet
1 cup of cucumber, seeded and sliced

Directions
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, sliced into wedges
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 head iceberg lettuce divided into wedges.



1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Prepare the dressing by combining the fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and chopped chiles in a small bowl; set aside.
3.Place the salmon filet on a baking tray, and rub olive oil over. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until easily flaked. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
4.Place salmon filet into a big bowl; use fork to break salmon meat into big chunks. Add onion, tomato cilantro, and basil; pour dressing over, and toss lightly until well mixed.
5.Place mixture on lettuce leaves, and serve immediately.



2 comments:

  1. 6 normal servings or 4 dinner servings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight for dinner. I did not use 4 peppers, I used 3, with the 1 chopped for garnish. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete