Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Low Carb Shrimp Scampi Dinner

Low Carb dinners are on the top of my list these days.  I'm obsessed with finding enjoyable, delicious and satisfying meals, that are nutritious. I wanted shrimp scampi but I can't have pasta.  Spaghetti squash was my next choice but I was thinking outside of the box.  I wanted 2 cups of vegetables and 8 oz. of shrimp per person. I found the perfect recipe for the Shrimp.  I bake it in the oven,mix it with the vegetables and boom!  I steamed 1 cup of broccoli, cauliflower and  sliced carrots.  I make this meal often and I am loving the combinations.  So many veggies go well with shrimp, garlic, butter, lemon, and dijon mustard.  YUUUUUUM!  


Ingredients
1stick of butter
2 lbs.  Shrimp,deveined, peeled (tails left on optional)
2 tablespoons of prepared dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley

VEGGIES

1 1/2 cup of broccoli
1 1/2 cup of cauliflower
1 cup of sliced fresh carrots


Directions
1.  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
2.  In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and parsley .           When the butter melts completely, remove from heat.
3.  Arrange shrimp in a shallow baking dish.  Pour the butter mixture over that shrimp.
4.  Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and opaque.

While the shrimp is baking you should have enough time to steam the vegetables.  I put them in a platter then when the shrimp is done, I take it out of the oven, pour it over the veggies.  

Garnish with parsley, lemon slices, parmesan cheese.  Treat yourself!


2 comments:

  1. I apologize if you copied this recipe where I listed 1 cup of butter under VEGGIES. (I should't post late at night) About the butter, you can use butter flavor spray. If you want to treat yourself, just have the butter, 1 stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this today with a package of sliced mushrooms. I cooked the shrimp on top of the mushrooms in the casserole dish. MMmmmm

    ReplyDelete