I'm not a big fan of gluten free bread crumbs, they have yeast in them. I need to limit my yeast. I found some delicious brown rice crackers, Edward & Sons, tamari sesame flavor. I ground them in a food processor. I didn't have enough for the recipe so I used flax meal and it came out perfect. I like the taste. The fiber in the crackers and the flax meal are great. Instead of milk, I used almond milk. The original recipe called for 2 teaspoons of salt in the milk. I don't think that my "pinch" of sea salt ruined this. I can't imagine 2 teaspoons of salt. DON'T DO IT! I could try it with Spike or Mrs. Dash. I was happy with a pinch.
- 3/4 cup milk
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup of ground tamari sesame rice crackers minus 2 Tablespoons
- 2 T of flax meal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 4 haddock fillets
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Place a cooling wire rack in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, flax meal, Parmesan cheese, and thyme. Dip the haddock fillets in the milk, then press into the crumb mixture to coat. Place haddock fillets on the rack in the baking dish, and drizzle with melted butter, squeeze fresh lemon on top of each fillet.
- Put a cooling rack for baking on top of a pan
- Bake on the top rack of the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily, about 15 minutes.