Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Cobbler




I think I just came up with an amazing fruit cobbler. It was totally out of necessity. I wanted something warm and healthy. I have a few bags of frozen fruit in the freezer. How can I make a healthy topping, no sugar, no wheat, and healthy ingredients. Flax Meal, Coconut, brown rice flour. I need butter. This is what I came up with. One bag with tropical fruit, papaya, pineapple, mango and strawberries, sounded good, I mixed it with some frozen blueberries.







Fruit Cobbler
2 cups frozen mixed fruit
1 Tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon minute tapioca
1/4 cup apple cider
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup flax meal
12 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon brown rice flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoon cardamom
1 pinch of salt

preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease casserole dish. Add fruit to casserole dish. Add the molasses, cider and tapioca, and stir. Set aside. In a bowl mix Flax Meal, flour, coconut, cinnamon, cardamom, and a pinch of salt. mix the butter in with your fingers till its all nice and crumbly. Sprinkle over the fruit, place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. I didn't even cover it with foil. I suppose you could do that if you like. I would take the foil off the last 5 minutes to brown the toping.


Serve with frozen yogurt, or rice dream ice cream.

1 comment: